Friday, August 2, 2019

July Smalls SAL

08/02/2019

Happy August.  It's amazing that it's August already.  Thanks to Mary for sponsoring the Smalls SAL.  I had a crazy start to last month and by the time I got online, the June link had closed so I'm happy to make the July link.

I did a start a day this month for Christmas in July and managed to finish a few of them.
 

 

 

 

 

 


Currently, I have enough finished pieces to make 30 Christmas cards with another 15 or so started.

I also got Joe's kitchen framed.  I stopped at Michael's, where I've always had gotten my pieces framed.  They usually do a fantastic job.  Not this time. After spending a hour with the young man in the frame shop, I finally took my piece and left. It was painfully obvious he didn't know what he was doing and there was no way I was leaving  my work in his hands. I went to Hobby Lobby and had a wonderful experience.  They did a great job and will get all of my future framing experience.



Year to date I am at 76 finishes out of 126 starts and will spend most of the next few months finishing the rest of my Christmas cards.

Happy Stitching, 
Michele


3 comments:

  1. Very cute smalls. They are going to make great cards. I love your Joe's Kitchen FFO. I am glad you found someone to trust with framing your piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your gorgeous Smalls. I hope you show us pics of the cards when you make them up. I love Christmas stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done with your 31 Christmas starts in July and for already finishing so many off. Joe's Kitchen looks brilliant too. Sometimes it's difficult finding a framer you can trust. :)

    ReplyDelete