Sunday, November 26, 2017

November Smalls SAL

11/26/2017

Happy end of Thanksgiving weekend!  I hope everyone had an enjoyable time with their families.

We spent the weekend in South Dakota visiting my dad and brother. My dad moved to an independent living facility in August and this was the first time I've seen his new place.  The facility is a remodeled building that was my middle school and his high school. We stayed in their guest suite and I can tell you it was very weird living in my old middle school.   Dad is settling in, while dealing with a variety of health issues.  This is a small facility, with only 40 residents, and they keep a close eye on Dad.  I spent time trying to remember which rooms I had classes in.   It was very interesting how they "re-purposed" this old building and it's a refreshing change to see an old building re-used, rather than torn down.

November was filled with lots of stitching as I hurried to finish pieces for Christmas cards. First, I want to give thanks to Heather at Stitching Lotus for sponsoring the monthly Smalls SAL.  If it weren't for her, I'd never post on my blog!

Before I show Christmas finishes, I wanted to show two non-Christmas finishes.  The cards for my co-worker that was expecting twins.  Two very healthy baby girls!

 

Ok, on to Christmas
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lots of finishes; now I have to make the cards.  I'm donating about 60 cards to WOCS, which is one of the reasons I make so many Christmas smalls. I also give hand-made cards to family and close friends.  I admit, I am happy to be done with this year's cards. With that said, I plan on continuing to stitch Christmas smalls at least one day a week to allow plenty of time to get next year's cards done!

I have also continued my "start a day for the year", even though this was only supposed to be a start a day for Jan-March through a Facebook group.  I had so many graduation cards to make and then Christmas cards, that I just continued the starts.  I think next year the starts will just be for the first three months as I REALLY want to spend more time finishing some larger projects.  My plan is to set a stitching schedule for each week, stitching a different project for each day. As I finish a project, I'll bring a new one in.  I did this in October, when I had a couple of special request projects for friends and it was amazing the progress I made when I was focused, rather than just stitching "whatever".  And because I worked on something different each day of the week, I didn't get bored with any one project.  Yes, I have a very short attention span when it comes to stitching!

Happy Stitching!

Michele


4 comments:

  1. Congrats on all of the super cute finishes Michele. You always amaze me with how much stitching you always accomplish. I am trying to come up with a rotation for next year but nothing has said lets do this.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. I really want to complete some of the WIP's from this year and last year's Facebook challenges. I recently reorgainzed my craft room and realized just how many I have...

      Delete
  2. Love the baby's footprint! Your Christmas cards are wonderful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Judy. Now to assemble all the cards!

    ReplyDelete