Tuesday, May 1, 2018

April wrap up and year to date progress

Happy May Day!

I have survived my first two days of work at my new job.  Yesterday was really tough and no one really knew what to do with me.  My position is brand new to the company and they are still working on the transition. Today was much better as they gave me a project to work on and I had some very good conversations about expectations.

I did manage to finish another four pieces over the weekend,  three of which are the same pattern stitched in different shades of yellow (445, 745 and 3078).  I still have one more to stitch in DMC 104 which will be completed in May.  These will be part of a quilt made by World of Charity Stitching.
 













And I ended up with another graduation card, for my cousin's daughter.  I tried something different with the tassel (I actually made a tassel) and will continue this for future graduation cards.


My year to date wrap up is as follows

  • 108 finishes out of 120 starts
  • 25 of the finishes are UFOs from 2016
  • 24 of the finishes are UFOs from 2017
  • 59 of the finishes are starts from this year


I expect my finishes will slow down, but I am very proud of the progress I made so far, especially finishing so many UFOs!

Happy Spring!

Michele

8 comments:

  1. Your numbers are amazing Michele. How many WIP's/UFO's do you still have?

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, I do not have as many as I thought I had. 13 UFOs from 2015, 36 from 2016, 18 from 2017 and 22 from this year, for a total of 89. There are about 8 pieces that I started in one year and worked on in others, but I only counted those in the original year I started them. And of course, I have more starts for this year and I have a lot of cards yet to make.

      Delete
  2. I found your blog through the Blogger of the Week. Best wishes to you on your new job! I love your color blocks. Who is the designer? The graduation card look super and I like the tassel. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. You can find the color blocks here,
      http://blackyrosebroderie.over-blog.com/article-30410035.html

      Delete
  3. Lovely finishes on all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your job is going well and that you are still finding some time to stitch!

    ReplyDelete

  5. Pretty projects and great idea,Thank you for the tutorial and for sharing !

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete